PROHIBITED IN GAME ACTIONS WITHIN THE 7HILLS INDUSTRIES
The following restrictions apply to In Game Conduct of members of 7Hills Industries.
7Hills industries prohibits actions deemed griefing under the CIG definition of griefing.
- Pad Ramming (killing ships on landing pads)
- Repeatedly targeting and killing specific players
- Abuse of the Direct Message feature to gain a players location
Deliberate killing of fellow agents is also prohibited. Accidents will happen and friendly fire will occur – but no deliberate killing of another 7Hillers agent should occur without prior consent (i.e during an event or pre-arranged conflict)
- No Profanity of any kind
- No Racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist or otherwise discriminatory language or behaviour
- No Discussion on real life politics or real life religion
- No Sexual comments or discussion, including pornography of any kind
- No Personal attacks or derogatory comments against any other member or guest
- No Scamming or attempting to scam other members or guests
- Disruptive or disrespectful behaviour
- Every member and guest should feel free to speak up if these rules are broken, or they are made to feel uncomfortable in any 7Hills Industries Server
- Bear in mind that culture has an effect here, and for example words which may not be profane in one culture may be so in another, so members and guests are asked to use their best judgement and be sensitive to the requests of other channel members or moderators
- If required, the following people have moderation rights, so they can remove people if needed:
- On our server we allow voice activation by default, this is a privilege granted to allow ease of communication between members during gameplay and events. People who abuse this privilege by allowing background noises (hot micing) to be broadcast in open channels may have this privilege revoked
- No spamming and invites to other communities.
FURTHERMORE 7HILLS PRIDES ITSELF ON DEMONSTRATING GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. RAGING AGAINST SOMEONE THAT HAS DEFEATED YOU REFLECTS POORLY ON YOU AND ON THE ORG
We do not police members’ in-game behavior outside of these infractions.
We vet members at several levels of entry to ensure they are the kind of members we wish to see within the ORG, and agents may fall on the more law-abiding or more criminal side of the spectrum. This is something that will be decided by the board.
But killing of other players, engaging in piracy or locking down locations will not be policed by the ORG
These actions are however discouraged – 7Hills Industries would like to foster a reputation as being fair. A pattern of such activities would be cause for concern especially if very frequent. But if such actions occur for training purposes or in the wild it is something to reconcile with yourself rather than with the ORG.
VOICE COMM ETIQUETTE
In 7Hills discord server we allow voice activation by default, this is a privilege granted to allow ease of communication between members during gameplay and events.
People who abuse this privilege by allowing background noises (hot micing) to be broadcast in open channels may have this privilege revoked, if it is considered to be a detriment to other players on the server.
Right Tool For The Right Job
7Hills currently uses 3 channels for comms, all three of which members should be familiar with using. Reach out to an Officer if you are unsure how to use one of the communication channels below.
- In-Game Comms are often used for immersion, and to get us used to elevating them to a primary channel as the feature continues to evolve.
- Discord is used for day to day communication and general chatter, as well as for some smaller operations and training.
- SRS is used for large operations and training, due to its ability to easily handle side-by-side general chatter and operational chatter. Click here for recommended setup details.
Tips For Joining a Channel
- Listen – Listen to what a room is being used for.
- Wait – Wait for a break in the conversation. Truckers and other CB users have practiced this technique for years, generally because if one person keys his microphone, anyone else who keys in over him will block out his transmission. While this isn’t true in voice chat, it’s still very unpleasant to be interrupted in the middle of speaking.
- Ask – If it sounds like the channel is being used for an event or meeting, ask what’s going on so you can get the information you need to decide how to…
- Act – Respect the space based on the context. You are always welcome to listen in on any channel you have access to, but you should be careful not to take over the stage if it’s being used for something specific.
Pause For Announcements
If someone shouts out comms, comms, that means they’re about to say something important. Stop speaking to help clear the comms so they can say what they need to say.
By default, your voice chat operates without Push-To-Talk (PTT) enabled. This is due to its original purpose as a voice chatting interface for gamers, who generally don’t desire to have to hold down a button when they want to speak on the channel. But if you don’t use push-to-talk, your fellow chatters are subjected to all of the background noises that your mic is able to pick up – including your coughs and groans and eating/drinking sounds and whatever other questionable things you may be doing while conversing. Do the room a favor, enable push-to-talk in your settings and set up a PTT shortcut key. Or, if your mic has an on/off switch, use that to go from talking to not-talking as needed. The other chatters in the room will thank you for it.
Mute And Deafen Yourself For AFK
If you need to get up to do something else for a moment, but you don’t want to leave the channel, just click the icons to mute and deafen yourself in the room. This is a visual cue to all others in the room that you are not speaking nor listening at that moment. This makes them less likely to attempt to get your attention while you’re away, saving everyone a little frustration.
Losing this voice activation role will require you to enable push to talk
Push to talk on discord in order to be able to speak in our servers voice channels. Whilst we believe in an open environment for our members to engage with one another, it is vital that we respect both one another and the group as a whole.
If you feel that another member is abusing voice activation, for example heavy breathing down microphone or loud people or pets in background then you should either approach them discretely (Either a direct message or request to speak privately in a different voice channel) to see if they can correct the issue.
If they do not agree to correct the issue or you are uncomfortable speaking to them directly about the issue then you should elevate it to a member of management for review.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS WITHIN THE 7HILLS INDUSTRIES
Breaking the rules or expectations of the 7Hills Industries by an active agent can result in the following action being taken
Removal from 7Hills Industries
Removing a agent from their current active position within the ORG. This can be a result of lack of attendance or disruptive behavior
Removal of all roles not related to the agent role and requirement to repeat those qualification training sessions and/or a temporary block on acquiring new roles for a period of time (up to 6 months)
Removal from 7Hills Industries
Removal of ALL 7Hills industries ORG roles and ejection from the RSI members list. This is reserved for grave misconduct or serious offenses
7Hills Industries Discord Server Ban
Breaching the general server/community rules of the Discord Server.
FOR YOUR AND EVERYONE’S SAFETY, WE OFFER BASIC TRAINING FOR ALL OUR EMPLOYEES. AS A NEW AGENT IN 7HILLS INDUSTRIES, YOU WILL UNDERGO OUR BASIC TRAINING WHERE YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT THE BASICS OF THE GAME, HOW OUR ORGANIZATION WORKS BUT ALSO GO THROUGH THE POSSIBILITIES OF ADVANCING AND REACHING HIGHER POSITIONS.